An appeal for help by the director of a children's charity in Uganda

Children's Charity

I am posting this message on behalf of Wandira Ramathan in an appeal for help for this children's ministry in Uganda Africa.

My name is Wandira Ramathan a Ugandan by nationality who originates from the Eastern part of the country. I am a strounch Christian from Muyama Church Mafubira. I am a total orphan who was picked from street by the Late Pastor Kato Richard who was the owner of the above mentioned church. The late Pr. Kato Richard had started to cater for orphans who were on street. He used to feed us, educate us and also look after widows. He used to help us in our dialy life. Unfortunately after a short period of time Pastor Kato got an accident and died. It was really a very had time especially on our side because we thought life has ended since Pr. Kato was our everything by that time. Among the orphans who were staying with the late i was the eldest person among them i thought of leaving them but they had no where to go. The situation started to worsen more because i started to look for food to feed, medication and other necessities. We were 45 children but because of the bad conditions we were living in 3 children died and were remained 42 children. I felt touched and thought that if I also leave these children and I go they will remain with no one to help them. I decided to live with them and I also promised God not to leave them and I just asked for his protection care . Since I acquired education i became a translator in the church and i could translate the bible from English to our local language and this acts as my occupation because am paid for it. 180,000/_ug shs very month. It is this money that I use for medication, paraffin, and sugar but it is insufficient to care for us all the 42 and the widows. The promise I made with God not to leave these children made me to stay and cater for these children. The situation was not all that good but we could pray to Jesus everyday. Life moved on like that, I was on Facebook that's when I found you who have indeed uphold, rendered assistance and also advised me.

Right now the challenges we face are, We luck beds, blankets and mattresses for the children apart from Summary whom you bought for but the rest sleep on mats. Another challenge we have is the weekly paraffin we have to buy because we cannot afford electricity. We also face a challenge of buying pads for the widows because per now they cannot work. We bought uniforms for the children but still they have few clothes and they luck shoes and sandals. Another great challenge we face is that of the school dues for the children.

Please follow the links below to learn more or to make a donation to this cause.

Mafubira Youth Development Association

Director Wandira Ramathan

M.O.M.

M.O.M.

Keren Carter ● MOM Mothers' Orphan Mission